Saturday 29 May 2010

Boulter's Tor

Hallo. Words have been coagulating into something... have been thinking about the nature of time quite a lot (there's, at the very least, a noticeable Heidegger reference in there)... combine that with my usual tendency for schmaltz and I've tried to throw together some lyrics. I'm aware they are cheesy, so if anyone is reading this, constructive criticism would genuinely be appreciated.


We spend our nights on Boulter's Tor
Reaching in the dark
Searching for a way to move
Beyond a broken heart
Soft words there to reconcile
Our fears and our desires
We see a world ahead of us
Where everything moves slow
We all walk alone

Memory and expectation
We watch them fall apart
God only knows how lost I am
In that photograph
These seconds will stay with me
An effigy of you
I don't want to hurt you
But you made me promise to
Where did our summer go?

We write down everything
We're lying to ourselves
We got tired of happy endings
We got bored of romance
They say that care is commitment
But no-one says to what
It's time now for change
But no-one says to what
Wrap up, wrap up

I'll carry this weight
Every girl I never kissed
Every word unspoken
Every chance I missed
Every promise that I've broken
Every day we let slip by
Every little thing I am
Until my dying day
With a smile upon my face

Come sit with me, my sister
Upon Boulter's Tor
The world's a smaller place
Time passes quicker now
I can't wait to see the light
The light that blinded you
No time left for tragedy
No time left for fate
We just walk

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful !
    Damn it David, your blog has made me stay up late (yes I blame you and disown all personal responsibility conveniently).. and I have to get a coach in a few hours :(
    Anyway. I've just started to notice how brilliant all your little links are dotted about the place, in my obsessive way I'm going to have to come back and check out each and every one for any hidden gems!! Your Kate Bush vid led me to watching her 'cloudbusting' video. Donald Sutherland as a mad scientist and her with an awesomely stupid haircut- reet touched my heart that has. I go to sleepy happy.
    'And every time it rains, you're here in my head, like the sun coming out, I just know that something good is going to happen.... just saying it could even make it happen..'
    Can't get much more positive than that eh wot?! :D
    x

    ReplyDelete