Tuesday 24 August 2010

Batman

I have been to the Green Man festival. Was very good. Whilst there, I ended up writing a song (on an empty paper bag stained with donut grease). It is undoubtedly the most cutesy and twee song I have ever written, but I came up with the conceit and had to follow it through...

I wish I could be Batman
You'd be Robin by my side
Riding in the Batmobile
And beating up bad guys

Searching for the signal
That tells us where to be
We'd spend our nights together
As a crimefighting team

Girl, I could be Thelma
And you could be Louise
Cruising in a cadillac
Our lives a road movie

No-one understands us
Why we do the things we do
So head for the horizon
We'll ride in to the blue

And I will be the Morecambe
To your Ernie Wise
Dancing through the kitchen
For the rest of our lives

People would raise eyebrows
At things best left unsaid
But we would be together
Side by side in bed

But if I could be Batman
You would almost certainly
Turn up as the Joker and
Try to kill me

And here is the song.




My iLike page for music (under the name David Jane) is here, by the way. It features this song among others. It's definitely a work in progress kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment