Sunday 11 July 2010

Sticks and Stones

Just some ramblings from my head I might try to turn in to a song. Or part of one (I am very tired right now, so there is every chance this is unadulterated nonsense).

I'm just a patchwork man
And all I have is words
And they say they can never touch you
But I'm far too tired to care
About what abstract people think
Too exhausted for romance
And if every broken tooth changes how I speak
Then every broken bone changes what I see
And if this has to be
Then I hope that it can be with you

And Cher is an idiot
'Cause I know there's life after you
And I know that I'll love again
And if it's better to have loved and lost
Then I'll break my heart a thousand times
And be the richest man on Earth
And I know that you'll laugh
When I say that I felt God
I always get religious when I'm tired
But if this has to be then, Lord
Let it be with you

2 comments:

  1. Really like them David not Dave.
    The lines-
    'And if every broken tooth changes how I speak
    Then every broken bone changes what I see'

    Why... that's the stuff legends are made of :) xx

    ReplyDelete